1. The Outback Bar located on Soi Siam Country Club Road arrange daily outings to all the local courses, and also have a thriving bar and new restaurant at their HQ. On January 10th-14th they will be returning to the Gary Player designed Lotus Valley Golf Resort North of Bangkok and to Royal Hills Golf Club. For details of their daily golf outings plus this January trip check their website outbackgolfbar.com
2. If you have driven over to Silverlake recently you may be surprised to see a lot of the local vendor shops have disappeared. The diggers are out leveling the ground there as it is now confirmed that they are starting to build an 18 hole Championship golf course plus three hotels. Yes and that will mean that Pattaya will then have 27 golf courses all within 60 minutes from the city. posted.
3. Rumours that the Asian Tour was about to join the European Tour seem to have been halted by the players themselves who all met in Bangkok during last month’s Thailand Golf Championship. The tour has just announced that there will be nine tournaments in the first half of 2016 to be held in Singapore, Malaysia, India, Australia, Mauritius, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Thailand, along with the Asian Development Tour’s (ADT) provisional Schedule of 22 events.
1. Recently the Phoenix Gold Golf and Country Club hosted several stars who came to officially open the new Lakes course. World Number 37 Kiradech Aphibarnrat along with Thidapa Suwanapura the Pattaya based LPGA player and several other Asian Tour and LPGA stars all took part in a golf clinic and then played the new nine holes designed by Pirapon Namatra. Everyone enjoyed the day and most agreed with Pirapon that the 6th hole is likely to become the signature hole here. The Lakes is now open.
2 More than 600 players have signed up for the 2016 Asian Tour QUALIFYING SCHOOL which starts in early January at three Hua Hin courses and Windsor Park in Bangkok. Sponsored by the Sports Authority of Thailand, The Final Stage will be held at the Imperial Lakeview and Springfield Royal from January 13 to 16 where the top-40 and ties after four rounds will earn their Tour cards for the 2016 season. Heavy pressure for the players and their families who fly in from all over the world, but great business for the courses and local hotels.
3. Most of the local tour operators are reporting business is up on last year with many golf vacationers arriving between January and April. Therefore most golf clubs do raise their green fees during this period. If you still want to get out there and play, then the clubs still have deals especially if you can avoid the peak tee times. For most of the offers go to pattayasports.org the Pattaya Sports Club’s website.
1. Make a note in your diary that almost 100 club golfers from 10 countries are expected to contest the Amari Pattaya Golf Week on March 6-12th 2016. This event open to all golfers includes four rounds at Leam Chabang and all three Siam Country Club courses, plus nightly social and entertainment events as well. Golfasian who organised the successful Championship in Hua Hin, are now bringing the same format to Pattaya. For more information check out Amari Pattaya Amateur Golf Week.
2. As we mentioned there will be nine Thai girls playing on the LPGA Tour this season. We expect Thai number one Pornanong Phatlum and Ariya Jutanugarn to go onto represent Thailand ladies in this year’s Olympics in Brazil, but also watch out for Pattaya’s own Thidapa Suwannapura plus 18 year old rookie Pannarat Thanapolboonyaras, who many predict could take over the number one slot in the next couple of years.
3. There is still time to catch the stars before they jet off for the Middle East swing by taking a flight from Pattaya to KL to watch the likes of Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood and the rest of Darren Clarkes Euro team take on the inform Asia team headed by Thai veteran Thongchai Jaidee at the Glenmarie Golf Club in Kuala Lumpur from January 15th-17th. With over US$4,800,000 up for grabs this is becoming a very exciting event.
1. It’s not often the world no 1 player competes in Asia so you shouldn’t miss Jordan Spieth who will be the star attraction on Jan 28 – Jan 31 at the SMBC Singapore Open at the Sentosa Golf Club, Singapore. Part of the Asian and Japanese Tours there is a purse of US$1,000,000 and the likes of Darren Clarke and will be also playing. Again you can fly with Air Asia direct to Singapore from Pattaya.
2. Here in Thailand make a note that the top 50 Rolex Ranked players will be turning up at the Siam Country Club’s Old Course on February 25th-28th when they all tee off at the 2016 Honda LPGA Thailand. This is followed on March 10-13th when the European Tour heads to Black Mountain in Hua Hin for the True Thailand Classic.
3. If you are new in town then check out the course reports at thepattayagolfer.com You can also read the latest issue of the Pattaya Golfer featuring full reports on Pattana Golf Resort and Siam Country Club’s Old Course plus an exclusive interview with Sir Nick Faldo and a review of golf around Bangkok and over in Vietnam.
1. If you are planning a Golf Tournament, or an away trip or maybe you have some golf news, then why not let us know as well. We will then be happy to tell our many Golf Round Pattaya listeners where your event is…. when it is….and how much it costs to enter. If you missed any of our tips or events we post all the Golf Round Pattaya items on thepattayagolfer.com
2. Pattaya is getting busier as we have now entered into what is called the’ high season’, and the courses are also getting more players too. High Season also means higher rates, however it’s worth noting that Parichat International Golf Links are still offering discounts on their green fees if you book in advance. They also run a Twilight Promotion for play after 1pm on Sundays to Fridays. For only THB990, this rate includes green fee, caddie fee , golf cart plus a meal.
3. If you are new in town or perhaps here on holiday, you are in luck as Pattaya has over 26 top golf courses all within one hour of the city. The likes of Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Nick Faldo and Schmitt and Curley have all created some outstanding courses here. Now we are into the high season the weather is great for a round of golf from dawn to sunset at rates from THB500-4000. For more information we suggest you check out the PATTAYA SPORTS CLUB’s website for their golf course reviews.